In just over a week’s time I’m going to my first blogging conference, and I won’t lie – I’m nervous as hell! I’ve been to a couple of blogging events in the last year and while useful and informative, it isn’t easy rocking up somewhere not knowing anyone and feeling like an imposter who doesn’t have a clue what she’s doing!
I’m really looking forward to Blogon X though; held at Hotel Football in Manchester, this is the 10th Blogon event and possibly the biggest yet! Stacks of bloggers will converge on Manchester to listen to blogging and social media gurus share their tips and tricks, there will be PRs from various brands will be available to network with as well as all the amazing bloggers I dream of getting to know for real! (If I can just smile at BrummyMummy I’ll be chuffed, bab!)
I’m incredibly shy and socially awkward, so this, although exciting, is also super-scary for me. I’m hoping to meet up with a group of ladies I’m in a fab facebook group with so that we can all be conference noobs together, and I’m also very much looking forward to meeting my blogging buddy Starlight and Stories too! Plus, I get to spend a night in a hotel – alone! No bed invaders, no 5am wake up call… bliss!
So, for anyone else attending who wants to be nosey about me beforehand, here are some answers to the questions posed by Blogon…
- Share a recent photo of yourself:
- What’s your favourite pizza topping? I am partial to a Pollo from Dr Oetker, and I do love barbecue chicken. So, chicken! (Never Hawaiian – the only fruit that has a place on a pizza is tomato).
- You can have dinner with any three guests dead or alive- who do you choose and why? Charles Darwin, because he was a genius; my great-grandmother, to ask her all the questions I was too young to ask when she was alive; a homeless person, to give them a decent meal and find out their story.
- Up to now what would you consider being your biggest life achievement? Keeping two small humans alive for 10 year and six years respectively. I still look around for the adult in certain situations, until I realise that it’s me!
- If you woke up tomorrow as a character from any Disney film or book who would you be and why? How Disney are we talking? Cos, if we can go really broad, I’d be Princess Leia or maybe Rey from Star Wars.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Check the time. It’s usually pre-5.30am. Then look at my phone (cliche, I know!)
- If you won the lottery what would be the very first thing you would buy and why? I’d pay back my parents for the loans they’ve helped us with. Then maybe a new laptop #workaholic
- What is your favourite quote from a movie? Just one?! Um… “Just keep swimming….” Dory, Finding Nemo.
- If you were a superhero what would your super power be? Making sick kids better. I can’t bear it, it makes my heart hurt.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given? I’m not great at taking advice, because I’m stubborn. But my own motto is ‘no regrets’; everything in life is a learning opportunity – no point regretting something that’s happened, just don’t do it again!
- Which emoji do you use the most? Probably the wonky smiley ‘I’m not sure’ one. What does that say about me?
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself anything what would it be? “It won’t be how you dreamed it would be, but it’ll be ok.”
- What do you currently have set as the wallpaper on your phone? My kids walking together, holding hands.
- If you could do anything in the world as a legitimate job what would you do? I’m really happy with what I’m doing now (blogging, Virtual Assistant, mum).
- Where is your favourite place in the world? Anywhere by the sea.
So, that’s me! If you spot me at the conference, please come and say ‘hi’, because I’ll be too shy to approach you, but it will make my day!