Today (Monday, 13th November) is World Kindness Day. I’m a big fan of being kind; it costs nothing, is nice to be on the receiving end of, and it feels pretty good to dish it out too! I think it’s so important to teach our young people to be kind too, which is something I wrote about a little while back.
So, to celebrate today, I’m going to do a few Randon Acts of Kindness (RAKs). I believe in karma; as Princess Diana said, “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
I’d love you to join in too. Here are nine ideas to get you started:
- Buy flowers at the shops and give them to a passing stranger
- Buy a drink for the person behind you at the coffee shop
- Give a stranger a lotto ticket or scratchcard
- Buy food or a hot drink for a homeless person
- Hold open a door, or let someone go ahead of you in the queue
- Compliment a stranger
- Donate to a food bank or charity collection
- Hide a £5 note inside a book in the bookshop
- Cook for an elderly relative or neighbour
So, will you give it a try? Doesn’t even have to be today – just try a RAK spontaneously. Make someone smile and feel the warm, fuzzy glow! Let me know in the comments if you do.
It’s Monday Motivation Linky time again! This week, Steph is hosting over at Steph’s Two Girls, so please pop over and read her post. If you want to add a post or two to the linky, we’d love to have you – just click the button below to go to the linky!